Nurture Boss is a rapidly growing SaaS startup helping the apartment industry automate communication with prospects and residents with new innovative technology. We are looking for leaders to build the foundational team at our startup. These people will help lay the groundwork the company will build on for years to come. These people have the grit and tenacity to work hard as an individual contributor while also building a framework around them that will grow with the company as we scale.
What We Need
Are you ready to leave your mark with software? Do you feel like you aren’t able to move fast enough at your current company? Do you have awesome ideas on how to scale highly-reliable software systems? You’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a rockstar engineer to help build the foundation for our platform that will evolve in the years to come. You will be an early contributor in the maintenance and development of our current software. You will help in identifying processes and technologies to start the work of building a proper QA lifecycle, DevOps infrastructure, and software architecture all built for scale. You will also be a founding member of our engineering team and will help shape the team culture at Nurture Boss.
We want people who love software and want to leave an impact on an industry. You’ll also get the chance to grow as a leader by working closely with the Revenue, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing teams and mentoring your fellow engineers.
What We Use
- Angular & React frontends
- node.js (with Typescript)
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, and Redis
- Various AWS services (EC2, Lambda, S3, ECS, etc)
- Git & Github
What You’ll Do
- You’ll work closely with the product team to translate raw business requirements into rock solid technical solutions.
- You’ll dive deep into new and existing technologies to help determine how they can best be leveraged to meet our needs.
- You’ll create high-speed, cloud-based web applications using a variety of evolving technologies.
- You’ll help improve existing and build new software development processes.
- You’ll work closely with the other engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- You’ll own projects from inception to production.
- You’ll mentor other engineers and share your experiences to help level-up the entire organization.
What You’ve Done
- 3+ years in full stack web development
- Experience with some database technology like PostgresSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with software testing strategies to ensure high quality automated releases
- Concrete understanding of HTTP and how it works
- A strong desire to make the code yours and own features end to end
- Experience building scalable and reliable systems
- Experience with some design patterns (e.g. SOLID) to help build maintainable software
- Experience with DevOps processes and systems
- Experience provisioning and maintaining software infrastructure
- Experience with a major cloud provider (preferably AWS)
- Experience with software security best practices
- Experience building high-scale products (e.g. > 10,000 requests per second)
Health, Dental and Vision – We offer the usual medical benefits along with unlimited PTO (and encouragement to use it!) to help you stay healthy and happy.
Unlimited PTO – As mentioned we have unlimited PTO. We believe strongly in R&R to help you stay mentally and physically fresh. Burnout is real. The best developers are excited to come to work.
Hybrid Work Space – Need to deal with a contractor? Have an inconvenient appointment? No worries – just work from home! While we love seeing each other in the office life, uh, has a way. We don’t want typical life duties to keep you from being productive.
Equity in Company – We are a true startup and want each employee to have skin in the game. It’s not worth working for if you don’t benefit in the end. Everyone who joins Nurture Boss gets their fair share of equity.
Transparency – We don’t hold back. Everyone has access to the most recent business metrics and financial information.
Tools You Need – We provide every engineer with a Mac laptop and dual monitors. We also purchase any other tools you need to be productive.
Challenge & Collaborate – Working together with diverse backgrounds creates the best results. We all bring unique viewpoints to solve each problem. We have strong opinions that are loosely held.
Done Is Better Than Perfect – Something is better than nothing. We let our customers tell us what needs to be different and don’t hold back value waiting for perfection. We remain agile to deliver value fast.
Problem Solving – We are obsessed with our customers’ problems. Their success is our success. We follow through and deliver on our promises.
Forever Learning – Intelligence is knowing there is more to know. Failing forwards means we are always improving and getting better, creating an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Radical Candor – With trust and accountability we achieve radically candid communication to level up and feel heard.